Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I never believed Tupac was dead either

Weeping a little bit over here. I have spent some time on the Overheard blog and holy shit the big penis / logic / Aruba thing nearly put me in the hospital. I laughed so hard that smoke from cigarettes I'd smoked circa 1987 came out. It's the headlines that really make it.

Also? William Gibson is due out with a new book and I am all up in line to get it. Here's a question for you: whose books will you pick up, no questions asked (until they let you down, hello Neal Stephenson and those big motherfucking 18th century science novels - god!). Off the top of my head I'd say Gibson, Christopher Moore, Michael Ondaatje, Russell Hoban. Used to be Walker Percy too but I'm pretty sure he's dead and I don't have to keep an eye out for his books anymore. On the kid lit side, I'll read anything by Anthony Horowitz, Eoin Colfer, or Philip Pullman.

Answer me! I want to know!