Tuesday, May 08, 2007

He's thin as a rake


asparagus!, originally uploaded by your neighborhood librarian.

You wanna know what a miracle is? A miracle is seeing asparagus growing right up from the ground in your back yard. These things are so teeny you can barely see them, about as big around as perciatelli (uh, too obscure). About as bit around as the inside of a Twizzler. Plus they look like little weird aliens. And they don't produce pollen, which makes them just that little bit less toxic.

I look like I've been smokin dope for a week, anybody got a prescription for me?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Quite an accomplishment . . . I'm hoping someday I can do the same. But, lo, I'm am intimidated by asparagus . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, do not be afraid! No big! Well, so far at least, 3 weeks into the Asparagus Experiment. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete