Sunday, May 27, 2007

Confutatis maledictis



Reflections upon watching Marie Antoinette:
That Kirsten Dunst sure is pretty. Can you make a whole movie about that?

Guess so.

Marianne Faithfull and Judi Dench have the same voice. Makes you wonder what Dame M was doing in the 60's while Marianne was busy horking off Mick Jagger.

Hey, there's that dog!



I want to sing "Marie Antoinette" to the tune of "Feliz Navidad". Da dee da-da-da.

Didn't anybody consider writing down some words for the characters to say before they all got out to Versailles?

Wouldn't it be great to live in Sofia Coppola's head for an afternoon? I bet it's like Kate's Paperie in there. I'd buy some pretty crap I didn't need, then I'd switch to Kirsten Dunst's head and go to the bar.

Is there a place in the cinematic tradition for a two-hour perfume ad?

Guess so.

I should find my copy of The Mirrorshades Anthology.

That surf guitar sound in "I Want Candy" is so great!

Sofia Coppola could have been one of my campers in the summer of 1985 in Maine. Those precocious little proto-hiptards loved Gang of Four. Otherwise, she's too young for this music.

We should rent Amadeus.

3 comments:

  1. i always think sofia coppola's films would make exquisite music videos...but as films they're about as deep as a puddle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sure, Kirsten Dunst is pretty - if you think chiclets for teeth are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was kind of amazing, they shot the entire movie without once showing those freaky baby teeth.

    ReplyDelete