Sunday, May 27, 2007

Happy Mothers

I was over on sweetney today and saw her link to this awesome piece of tornado video awesomeness. Why do I have an irrational need to see a tornado? Maybe it has to do with the point in the video when they pan upward and you can see the giant Finger of God descend from Heaven to FUCK SHIT UP. I'm an atheist but I still have a sense of the Divine.

Anyway, it occurred to me that I've never paid credit to the online mothers who, cough, choke, there's no other word for it -- **inspire** me. Cringe cringe yeah yeah, but seriously, last year this time, when Mr. Three was finally getting toilet trained and I was finally getting a little free time, I would read Tracey and SJ and Heather and Ayun and, well I mean, goddamn, here are women who make their own jam and devise creative, educational activities to distract their children when the kids are feeling grouchy and out-of-sorts...

Yeah kidding. These are women who make fun of their children, whom they love the bejeebers out of. And I thought, "I need a place to make fun of my children! I'll make me a blog!"

Mother's Day has come and gone. I would have written about this then but I was too busy eating smoked salmon in bed and Belgian chocolate on the couch and reading Wired (this is actually not a lie).

So anyway. It's partly about the librarian, but also it's partly about the neighborhood. Thanks for the funny, guys.



Oh and. I bought me a laptop (it's all Ubuntu and everything, I feel so clickety!) so I can screw around online while I'm on the porch watching the kids while they draw with chalk and talk to any random adult who strolls by. Cause that's what being a mom is all about, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment