Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Star Jumper by Frank Asch - review

With the kids in camp 3 days a week I've been doing some catching up on my reading. As a result, I got pretty far behind on my reviewing. So the other day, I wrote a bunch of little tiny reviews, and now I'm behind on posting! I swear, it's like housework - once you get the toilets cleaned you really should get going on the vacuuming.



Star Jumper: Journal of a Cardboard Genius by Frank Asch. Age 6-9. There's something to this new series - the reader can't tell whether young Alex's cardboard sci-fi inventions actually work or not, and that's pretty interesting - but Alex is such a little shit it would be hard for me to recommend this one. The whole reason the kid invents a spaceship is so that he can "put as many light-years between me and my little brother Jonathan as possible". Maybe as the series progresses Alex and Jonathan will join forces and the ugliness will dissipate, but for now: Thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment