Thursday, March 29, 2007

The trouble with Tribbles


Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a Blog

Well, I guess ever'body else got one.

In celebration of the forthcoming National Poetry Month (national wave a Kleenex around and make wooping noises, more like) (I'm not a big poetry fan), here is a selection from yonder blogge:
THE FORTNIGHTS RUN AWAY LYK DRAUGHT-OXEN BEHINDE THE BARN

by Carolus de Bois-Quasqué

I was goinge somewhere
like chirche
but I got round to Betties and she had sum ale going
and spices and al that maner merde
and ich seyde to myself
“Swyve this”
...


thanks ZenFoPro for the title: for once, not an embarrassing 80's pop song

4 comments:

  1. I'm not entirely certain how the title applies, but I like Chaucer's blog. "The draught of March has perced to the root..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs proliferating like Tribbles, that's the ref.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what you're saying is 'Klingons hate blogs'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ the Tribbles. I can't stand Star Trek, but, I have seen that episode.
    I do like Canterbury Tales, I need to re-read it.
    I went back and forth about really blogging, and luckily I don't expect anyone else to read mine, it's just a tool I am using (and it is very helpful).
    However, I have *started* at least 10 different blogs in the past year, and deleted most of them. I have a lot of ideas, but, my follow through is horrible.
    But, thinking about it, I did have a livejournal account, still do, actually....but, it's been 6 years since I made a post.

    ReplyDelete