Monday, October 08, 2007

Thoughts on hearing "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" on the radio and not recognizing it

Nice guitar.

Sexy guitar. When's the last time I heard sexy rock 'n' roll? Gimme Shelter? Huh. After R.E.M., I think rock 'n' roll was forbidden to be sexy.

Sounds like Robert Plant. Must be White Stripes.

Those two really do a lot with guitar and drums. Not even much drums. Handclaps.

Jack White has about as much appeal as Jack Black (heh), but he sure sings like a rockstar.

Oh. It is Zeppelin. Great.


What kind of old does that make me?

7 comments:

  1. Dangerously old ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goddamn, I love the White Stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I don't care because Jack really bugs me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. go see the White Stripes live some time. I was about where you are (sort of... eh), but happened to catch a show and holy crap they were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No no I am amazed by the White Stripes really - I was just quoting that one song...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard that song before. Considering I wasn't born when it was recorded, I completely would have thought it was the White Stripes. I LOVE the White Stripes. Haven't seen them, yet, but saw The Raconteurs at Virgin Fest and thought they were amazing and also, the loudest band that I have ever seen outside. Sorry, that doesn't help your point about being old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah but Danielle THANK YOU! For a long time I would hear White Stripes on the radio and think, "Is that Zeppelin? Funny, I don't recognize it..."

    This is the first time it's happened the other way around!

    ReplyDelete