Friday, September 01, 2006

Banana chocolate chip pancakes

2 cups of Bisquick
2 eggs
1 banana
1/2 cup applesauce
enough milk to make a medium-thick batter (about 3/4 cup)
3 chocolate chips per small pancake

Mix it all together. Nonstick griddle over medium heat. I drop the chocolate chips on after I put the batter on the skillet.


Banana and chocolate always taste great together. I put in the banana and applesauce so that I can get some extra fiber and vitamins into the boys. The chocolate chips mean that they eat a ton, and because of the chocolate, I can avoid [scream of terror] maple syrup. Small children and syrup should NEVER be in the same room, in my opinion.

And while they're eating, they tell me what the pancakes look like: "This one looks like a grasshopper's face!" "This one looks like space!" "This one looks like you, Mommy!" Mm-hmm. Very rewarding.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh yummy!
    Have you ever had the Golden West's chocolate chip pancakes with peanut butter butter sauce? I really think it is just peanut butter mixed with butter. Divine!

    ReplyDelete