Thursday, April 10, 2008

He seems to be getting the gist

Even if he's a little shaky on proper use of the apostrophe. Give him a break, he's only six.

I'm thinking about getting this statement tattooed around my arm. Maybe I'll turn it into a banner for Pink Me.

And you know, I love intuitive spelling - reading it is like going back to the days of deciphering baby-speak:
"Caa mooie!" cried the baby up the street (Gospel Baby) yesterday, pointing.
"That's right! The car is moving!" we sang back to him. I really enjoy that.

I'm going to miss it when they start using "real" spelling. Although of course that's only temporary - intuitive spelling returns when they start texting.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Yay for you and your kidlet! My middle one's in that stage of writing and I'm trying to remember to write down the "translation." My older one has some stuff that I can't decipher anymore :(

    ReplyDelete