Now this is only six of 'em, the six that are Bob's actual sisters. The other three came later, when his brothers got married.
- Bottom step: Janie, public radio engineer
- 2nd step: Mary, pediatrician; Bob, public schools executive; Anne, teacher (ret.)
- 3rd step: Joe, practicing puppeteer; Therese, force of nature; Nancy, industrial designer at Fisher-Price (and source of much xmas joy)
- 4th step: Paul, the father-in-law I never met; Patsy (with Ranger), cook and brain; Frances, everyone's mom; and Jim, who works for the diocese counseling kids and playing guitar.
- Peter, the oldest, isn't in the picture. He's either taking it or away from home. This was 1971, Paul and Frances' 25th wedding anniversary.
You might think this would be a lot to marry into, and it is, really, it is. I love the noise though, and the music and laughter of this family. Look at all the smiles here - they're a happy group no matter what they say. (Not to mention, look at the shoes. I'd give a lot for Mary's platform slingbacks in this picture!)
Ever since Frances's health began to decline a few years ago they've been going through a lot. She died last spring and this weekend they got together and divvied up her stuff. I hope it was an occasion for stories and laughter, as always, even though I know it was sad too.