Tuesday, January 27, 2009

When I say my house is a wreck...


during, originally uploaded by your neighborhood librarian.

See? I was NOT KIDDING. This is my kitchen right now. That back wall offended the eyes of Contractor Mike, so he removed it and is going to replace it with one that is insulated, and made out of actual lumber rather than like cigar boxes and yard waste.

Which is good, but it came as a surprise to me.

Here it is from the outside. Note sagging floor corrected.

06 24 09 006

Note also the blizzardy conditions that shut down schools in the entire Great State of Wussyland except the city (and Harford County).

And this is what it used to look like (from the inside).

before

Say bye-bye to the drop ceiling, the vinyl flooring, the greeny-black painted paneling, and the white cabinets. Give me some ideas what color to paint it.